Are you considering a big change to your hair color this season and wondering if salon hair color is really worth the investment versus using an at-home boxed dye? Making the right decision is key, and we want to make sure that you are armed with all of the necessary information before taking such a giant leap. Whether you’re completely new to coloring your hair or have been going for years, this guide will help walk you through how best to decide on which route is right for you. Get ready for some revelations about both options, and let us guide you into making an informed choice!
FIRST, LET’S DISCUSS BOX DYES…
If you’re thinking of doing at-home hair dyeing, here are some things to consider:
Box dyes can give you a quick change without having to go all the way to the salon. However, it’s important to understand that dyeing your hair at home carries certain risks. Box dyes often contain harsh chemicals, which could lead to damage after prolonged use. Unlike salons, at-home dyes do not use quality products, nor do they guarantee color results or changes; coloring your hair at home could lead to unsatisfactory results. Therefore, it is important to have realistic expectations when using store-bought kits. One pleasant benefit of box dyes compared to salon colors is their affordability – but if you want healthy-looking hair, then opt for professional treatment by qualified hair stylists that specialize in coloring.
PROS & CONS BREAKDOWN:
- You can find it at almost any store.
- You can do it yourself anytime you want.
- Contains low-quality ingredients/harsh chemicals.
- It can dry/damage your hair.
- It’s messy.
- It’s unpredictable (you never really know how the color will turn out).
- There are many ways it can go wrong.
- If things do go wrong, you will still have to go to the salon to get it fixed, so why not do it right the first time?
WHY PROFESSIONAL SALON COLOR IS BETTER…
When it comes to getting your hair dyed, there’s really no substitute for professional salon color. You can trust professional salon dye to provide a long-lasting result that looks vibrant and healthy, rather than the muted and patchy finish box dyes give. Salon colorists are highly trained professionals, and they have access to the best products on the market, which helps them create precisely the look you’re after, bringing your vision to life. Plus, they have the experience to make sure your hair remains healthy and cared for throughout the process. So if you want a gorgeous, glossy new look that won’t wash off in a couple of washes, it pays to invest in professional salon color; it might cost more in the short term but could save you money on repair treatments in the long run.
PROS & CONS BREAKDOWN:
- Allows for customized color.
- It’s safer and much gentler on your hair.
- Professional dye lasts much longer.
- A professional hair stylist has the knowledge, experience, and training to deliver your desired results.
- You get professional assistance in color matching.
- More vibrant results.
- They care for the health of your hair!
- Depending on your desired look, the process can be spendy.
- Scheduling can be difficult at times.
- Appointments can take a few hours (again, depending on your desired look).
- Like everything, it still requires upkeep.
YOUR LOCAL FULL-SERVICE HAIR SALON IN VANCOUVER WA
Urban Glow is Vancouver’s premier full-service hair salon. We strive to provide clients with customized, high-end styling services to fit any hair type. From the latest trending haircuts to experienced professionals in the field of color, blonding and tape-in extensions, our stylists stay at the top of the industry’s standards while delivering innovative styles. Our emphasis on relationship building allows us to foster long-term partnerships that ensure our clients always look their best. Through personalized advice and cutting-edge techniques tailored to each individual, we ensure our customers leave feeling refreshed and revitalized with a new look that brings out their inner beauty and outer radiance! Give us a call, or click “BOOK NOW” to schedule your appointment. We look forward to slaying your hair!